-

New walking bridge installed in Larose Forest

Posted on 24th July 2017 by monlimoges in Larose Forest,Limoges & Forest

Forêt LaroseA new walking bridge has been installed on a popular trail in Larose Forest. The bridge crosses a narrow creek on the west side of the forest, not far off Indian Creek Road in North Limoges, Ontario.

This new bridge replaces an old, popular bridge (nicknamed “Tanya” bridge) that was removed, along with a rope climb up a short but steep hill. From the new bridge, a new trail was built to climb the short hill. At the top of the hill, the walking/running trail weaves its way to Grant cemetery.

The new hill provides better access for forest cyclists, but will not be as much fun for walkers, runners, or snowshoe enthusiasts in the winter.

Just last year, the United Counties of Prescott-Russell installed several walking bridges in Larose Forest. This year, the forest caretakers have added grips to the walking bridges.

In our region, Larose Forest is a 27,000-acre forest that was re-initiated in 1928 by Mr. Ferdinand Larose. It is noted as the second-largest planted forest in southern Ontario. The forest is managed by the United Counties of Prescott and Russell.


20130516_Larose_bridge